Brad Englert, Chief Information Officer for UT Austin recently sent a message recognizing Information Technology Services (ITS) staff who have received awards or kudos for their outstanding efforts to serve our diverse and complex campus community. These examples acknowledge great work and show appreciation for the consideration and thoughtfulness ITS staff demonstrates in providing high quality IT services.
- Congratulations go to Eric Weigel, Senior Information Technology Manager, ITS Applications, for winning the Texas Association of State Systems for Computing and Communications Rising Star Award. Here is part of the submission: “He went out of his way to forge a collaborative relationship with the Purchasing unit at UT Austin . . . and established himself as a trustworthy and reliable steward of Purchasing. Eric’s work will enable future purchases to be executed in a streamlined manner. He exemplifies excellence at IT and the practices he has established at a micro and macro level will continue to positively influence IT services for years to come.” Wonderful job, Eric!
- Melissa Camarillo, User Services, Financial Information Systems (FIS), expressed appreciation for the help the FIS team received from ITS “with the successful migration of several main Chief Financial Officer (CFO) sites to the new UT QuickSites platform. The level of customer service was exceptional. We were treated as team members and not just as clients. Paul Grotevant and Jenn Coast were the main faces of the two ITS teams we worked with. Experiences working with great people at the university boosts employee morale (it did for our team, that’s for sure!) and helps contribute to the feeling of working for the greater university team. Thank you for the services you provide to the university community and for fostering an environment where your employees excel and help others to do the same.”
- Lorraine Tong, Director, College of Liberal Arts, expressed her gratitude: “I wanted to thank you and your team again, for their phenomenal service mindset, communication, and flexibility in working with us on student IDs for UT’s Pre-College program. Matt Spangenberg, Help Desk Specialist, and his team were extremely professional. It was a pleasure working with the team.”
- Celine Mondie-Milner, Director of New Student Services, Office of the Dean of Students, praised the Customer Service Support team for their assistance during orientation: “FYI — things went so well last week — awesome and thank you! PLEASE KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING—IT WAS SEAMLESS!”
- Lin Stabeno, Senior Business Analyst, Project Management and Construction Services (PMCS), had this to say about Eran Gronquist, Systems Administrator I, and his team: “The IT Support team for PMCS should be recognized for their daily dedication to keeping things running. Their job is not easy, as they are constantly interrupted by problems – some of which need immediate attention. But they are always eager and ready to get things running again.”
- Shane Lewis, member of the Quest Applications team at The College of Natural Sciences had a fine kudos for James Alexander, Senior Database Administrator, who helped them with the Oracle 12c conversion: “He was very well organized in both the planning and execution — and very helpful fielding a long Sunday’s worth of cross-check questions from us. This was a big migration with no user complaints, and it further bolsters the great respect we have for your operation.”
- James Busby, Desktop Support Specialist, University Interscholastic League (UIL), praised Stephen Walker, Lead Software Engineer, and Carol Lee, Senior Project Manager for their assistance with moving UIL email boxes to the cloud: “From what I’ve seen and heard so far, the transition has been smooth—Thank you, Stephen, for helping with the phones, and thanks to both of you for all your detailed attention and guidance. You’ve been a pleasure to work with.”
- Julienne VanDerZiel, Director, ITS Applications, shared two kudos from early adopters of the newly launched QuickSites Service: “Just wanted to say thanks again for all your hard work helping us transition to Drupal. We have a great site and folks are giving us really positive feedback. Between the webpage and the wiki, updates are so much easier to make and the pages are easy to maintain.” In addition, “One exciting thing that I discovered over the weekend is that it is so easy to make modifications to the site on an iPad. We would never have been able to do that before the migration. Awesome to be able to do that when needed. All in all, it was a great move and well worth the hard work!”
And to ITS staff he said “Rest assured that every day your efforts help students, faculty, and staff succeed and excel and support the University in being “first class.” Keep doing what you are doing!”