Genetec Synergis Access Control system will replace the current systems. This will allow us to integrate with the existing Genetec Video Security system towards an unified security system. Mercury M5 hardware are non-proprietary and will allow seamless replacement of our legacy hardware, with minimum disruption to campus. These devices are non-proprietary and can be configured to work with any EPSS software.
To mitigate the risk of schedule slippage due to material shipment delays and to meet schedule constraints of buildings with student presence, we have been working across buildings in Phases 6, 7 and 8.
- Phases 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are complete, with a few exceptions due to technical issues and federal staff unavailability.
- Phase 6: In progress
- 10 buildings have been converted, 2 are scheduled for conversion.
- Phase 7: In progress
- All kickoffs are complete. Some on-site surveys are in progress.
- 1 building has been converted and 6 are scheduled for conversion in the coming weeks.
- Phase 8: In progress
- 90% of kickoffs are complete.
- On-site surveys are in progress and will be on-going for the next 3-4 weeks.
- 1 building is scheduled for conversion per building manager request.
- Project Status Communication:
- Wiki site provides regular updates to customers: https://wikis.utexas.edu/x/YItXDQ