This week, Brad Englert, Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the University of Texas at Austin, sent a Kudos message to ITS staff. Here is what he said:
My grandmothers family came from Ireland in the 1800s, and today I share some of the luck of the Irish. I’m lucky to work with you all to serve our University community. One of the best parts of my job is to receive unsolicited compliments about what you do. Today, I share these kudos which recognize your caring and commitment to provide responsive and high quality IT services. The recent examples below also highlight the diversity and complexity of the work we do:
- Brad Johnston, Fine Arts IT Director, recently commended Ruby Philipose and her team on the fine work they are doing with the FootPrints Replacement Project. By reaching out to customers and asking them to help populate the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB), they are enabling customers to better position their area for the summer 2016 go-live date. Brad said “This is great and I am thankful you included me in this opportunity. I think you and your team are doing a wonderful job and appreciate how closely you listen and respond to concerns.”
- Trice Humpert, Director, ITS Systems, shared a great bit of news and kudos from Dave Moss to his team Glen Martin, Don Nash, and Stephen Walker who are responsible for resolving Mail Open Tickets: Congratulations on reaching 30-days in single-digits! This was a major accomplishment and a true team effort. Its remarkable to think how far we’ve come in less than a year . . . last June, I discussed a goal with each of you to keep the mail queue under 30 tickets. We did it. Look how far we’ve come since then!”
- Lori Bockstanz, Director of Membership and Visitor Services at the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center recognized Vinod Shodavaram for his ongoing and steady assistance during times of IT transitions: I wanted to let you know that I’ve been working with Vinod Shodavaram over the years as we’ve had migrations, implementations, or just issues with our databases and other software. And all along the way he’s always been helpful and professional and very responsive.
- Julienne VanDerZiel, Director, ITS Applications shared two kudos for the ITS Applications team: Within a week of the Duo registration portal being released on February 22, 2016 more than 1,100 people had registered with Duo (more than 3,000 people are registered now)! Thanks to Jason Oliver, Aaron Reiser, and Justin Hill for all their hard work getting the portal and supporting documentation and processes ready, with kudos to David Strickland and Mario Leal for their assistance as well. In addition, Laura Grooms received a big thank you from Aces IT Group (Research) for her support and assistance to get their website to 99% accessible nice work!
- The Registrars Office was very complimentary to Ned Hovarth, Luis Zamora, Jimmy Bradshaw and Megan Will . Jean McArthur, Senior Information Technology Manager, Office of the Registrar said Were very appreciative of the success of the third server, the diligence of your teams monitoring, and the eloquence of your daily summaries. Luke McEneny, Senior Software Developer, added Thank you so much for checking in daily. Your emails are always humorous and extremely welcomed.
- Chris Brownson, Ph.D., Director of the Counseling and Mental Health Center, was impressed with the assistance he received from Dennis Klenk , in the Office of the CIO. He contacted Dennis with questions about using Qualtrics, the University’s approved and secure survey tool and sent kudo saying Thanks so much for connecting me with Dennis. Much appreciated!! I will say that having access to Qualtrics has saved us thousands of dollars in programming costs for our research. We have been really pleased with the product.
Thank you for the great work everyone. Feel good that what you do–and how you do it–makes a difference in the lives of our students, faculty, researchers and staff.
Happy St. Patricks Day!